Lee Ann Alexander offers tips for your teaching ministry.
Church service schedule changes, school breaks, office closings, family commitments—while that may sound like a summary of the COVID season, it’s also a partial description of life during the holidays. Have you thought of how it affects your teaching ministry? This month’s video provides three tips to help you be proactive in addressing what could become a hectic season.
Teaching Ministry Tips
Additionally, the checklist below is a quick way to assess your readiness for this busy time of year:
- Do you know your church’s schedule for December and January? Any service cancellations? Any times your group can’t meet?
- If you’re meeting via Zoom or other virtual technology, any changes to the schedule?
- Have you communicated schedule changes to your group?
- If any cancellations, have you rearranged your curriculum to decide what you’ll teach and what you’ll skip?
- Will you be having any Christmas celebrations or activities? Have you planned and organized accordingly and communicated it to the group?
- Is there any way you can get participants from your group involved? Can you have volunteers film a brief devotional if you’re not able to meet in person? Can you have volunteers lead in a certain part of the Christmas lesson if you’re able to meet at church?
- Have you communicated your plan for any date changes or party arrangements to your leader so everyone is on the same page?
Lee Ann Alexander is a disciple of Jesus Christ and a teacher and preacher of the gospel. As an associate editor of the United Pentecostal Church International (UPCI), she leads the curriculum team at Pentecostal Publishing House and is passionate about teaching teachers.
Resources and Links
I’m so excited to recommend a new video curriculum from PPH called Backyard Bible Stories with Crash McDash. Our beloved VBS character (you’ll recognize from the recent PPH Sunday school videos) leads children through a series of Bible lessons from the Word Aflame Curriculum with much fun and excitement as well as corresponding Activity Page pdfs. Check it out at www.pentecostalpublishing.com/bbs.
For more by Lee Ann Alexander, click here.